Thursday, October 4, 2012

Contributor series: Rosa-May Rutherford


Rosa-May has been our distributor extraordinaire for the last year-and-a-bit, as well as photographing and writing for the magazine (in the latest issue she photographed and interviewed Eammon from Ghostwave). She left our shores a month ago in search of adventure and inspiration in Japan – starting in Osaka, she then headed to the rural west coast, then south to the tropical island Okinawa, and now she's exploring Tokyo (where she bumped into Ebony from Hello Sandwich!). Rosa is also an illustrator – she is keeping a visual diary of her trip and she says Japanese girls and their quirky outfits are featuring prominently. Here are some photos of her in Japan and sketches from her visual diary (below). You can see her many talents on her website at www.rosamayrutherford.com.









2 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW, I love her sketches. They`re so sweet and beautiful!

    http://naomemandeflores.com/en

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that there are people who know what they can do best and develop their talents. It wasn`t easy for me to find my piece of cake. One thing I knew for sure, I am not a writer, as I was constantly searching for the help with writing essays needed . Once my friend showed me how she creates hand-made things for decorating house and it totally absorbed me. I don`t think that it can become my job, that`s why I continue my study, but I get real pleasure and some money even now.

    ReplyDelete